Monday, October 26, 2009

Re: Children Never Were What They Were: Perspectives on Childhood

I was able to make a lot of connections with my topic and chapter 7 of CIAE!  I was really excited to do some of the "Questions and Explorations" for this section.  They allowed me to step back and ask myself some very important questions.  

Prompt number 3 asks the reader to "find three images of children from the media."
So I google searched the word "children"...here are the three I chose:







then it goes on to ask you to note "what drew you to these images, what words you could use to describe these children, who has created these images, and for what purpose?"  I think I looked at the eyes when choosing these images from the group.  I would describe most of the images as have an air of innocence, some of the children seem curious, some of the poses are staged while others are more candid and documentary.  When looking at the photos I noticed things like clothing, hair  styles, adults in background, colors, facial expression and other physical characteristics.

Prompt number six asks, "how are children represented in differing forms of popular culture?"  So I looked up child stars and came up with images like:








No comments:

Post a Comment